Google+ House Revivals: Easy Stash Busting Ideas for Beads and Broken Jewelry!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Easy Stash Busting Ideas for Beads and Broken Jewelry!

I recently spent a lovely Saturday morning doing some stash busting!  The leftover beads and bits of broken necklaces had been accumulating in my craft stash and things were getting out of control. Does this happen to you?


Being the craft supply hoarder that I am, I can't bear getting rid of a piece of broken or dated jewelry, so there were plenty of random supplies in my stash. The solution?  Create lots of bead charms and links (and use up random packages of wire findings and partial spools of wire, at the same time)!


By the end of the morning, a nice little stash of "ready to use" charms and links were done. I have found the charms to be especially useful! I love to add simple charms to necklaces and bracelets, and it's so handy to be able to just grab something truly unique from my stash.


In one morning we went from having several plates of random beads and broken jewelry, to having lots of lovely charms!


The charms shown here, were made using whatever pin head wires I found in the stash.  I have loved the convenience of having these at the ready, and have already used them in several different projects!

Do you enjoy playing around with beads and making your own jewelry? Maybe you're a beginner? If so, be sure and subscribe to House Revivals, so you won't miss any of the upcoming jewelry tutorials we have planned. If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to use the icons at the bottom of this post to share on social media!